Monday, October 30, 2006

Funny Funny Toddler

This weekend was far better than last.
This is in part because we had far fewer temper tantrums. Maybe he got more sleep. Maybe I did something differently. Maybe he ate more. Who knows. I'm not complaining.
And because of the good attitude we had a lot of funnies this weekend.
First - and this is more cool than funny - we discovered that Matthew knows his right and his left. I'm not claiming to have a baby genius or anything. But, this is pretty darn cool. Like, I will stand next to him and say "is mommy on your right or your left." And he always gives me the correct answer.
How did we discover it? Well, we were driving and he said "look, McDonald's." so I said "where?" and he said "on the right." Which was right. And, so I obsessively tested this all weekend.
The thing is, I've always had problems with my right and left. I guess it's a spatial thing. I don't remember when I mastered it, but I really think I was about 9.
So, pretty cool.
Some other funny stuff?
There was just too much. Like he kept looking at me and laughing. It was pretty funny. Or, he's now into saying opposites.
Like he'll say "look at my green shirt" if his shirt is orange.
Funny!
But my favourite was last night. We had the radio on and the Scissor Sisters song came on. Love the song. And, Mike turned it up. And Matty hopped off the couch and started to dance. Like a full out completely adorable dance. And he was dressed only in a diaper.
And then he shouted
"Come on Mommy Daddy. Shake your booty!!!"
Where does he learn this stuff????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids learn stuff from either their parents or the T.V.

Anonymous said...

Kids learn stuff from either their parents or the T.V.

Blog said...

I canNOT believe he knows his left and right. I STILL DON'T KNOW MINE!!! ;)