Sunday, October 21, 2007

Not Exactly a Blind Date ...

But, I have to admit that getting ready on Saturday morning I sort of felt that way when I was getting us all ready to meet some people we'd never met in person. You see, on Saturday we had lunch with Sci-Fi Dad, Multi-Tasking Mommy and their adorable daughter.
Okay, so it all started over a mutual love of Lonestar/Cheesecake Factory, and when Sci-fi dad alerted me to the fact that his Lonestar has Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake - I was in. And, besides, how could I turn the opportunity to meet a couple of bloggers who I kind of felt like I already knew.
Here's the thing. I was nervous. I knew Mike would be shy, and I also knew Matthew may or may not behave. But, I shouldn't have been.
It was a LOT of fun. Okay, well, once we actually found each other (after a "you just walked past the restaurant" phone call) it went really well.
I stopped stressing about Matt after a couple minutes, and had a really good time. It was cool to meet people that you feel you would like - and then actually do. And, it was neat to have a conversation about blogging with people who share a similar philosophy.
Anyway, hope you guys had as much fun as we did. And, our art work staircase is even more adorned with artwork :) (except for the pumpkin which we weren't allowed to hang because we have to show everyone.)

--------

And just a little Matt story because it was HILARIOUS.
Yesterday Rosie was annoying Matt and he decided to push her away by gently kicking her. Even though it was gentle, kicking the cat is a definite no-no and I told him so. And then I said let's think of other ways we can get Rosie to move.
"We can lift her."
Sure.
"We can talk to her."
sure.
"we can dress like ghosts and scare her." And with that he put a red blanket over his head and proceeded to try to scare the cat. She thought it was a game and climbed the ghost. I couldn't stop laughing, and Matt looked at me completely seriously and said "I guess Rosie's pretty brave."

True.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

What a cute story with Matt & Rosie!

Amy said...

That's too cute with Rosie!

Remind me to download my digital camera again. I got a great picture yesterday of our two cats at the patio doors defending the house from the doggie next door who was right at the door with them. Hilarious!!!! The cats are very brave now that they know the glass door is in front of them.

AndreAnna said...

I wish I lived there so I could eat cheesecake too! Glad you had a nice day!

SciFi Dad said...

We had a blast (even if you couldn't figure out how to, you know, open the door) and the munchkin really warmed up to you guys. We'll definitely do it again.

11111111 said...

Great story with the cat.

Came here from SciFi Dad's.

Teena in Toronto said...

Sounds like a fun time :)

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Fun was definitely had by all! You should be totally flattered that the bunny did warm up to you--especially to Mike, because she is usually extremely shy with new people!
I've gotta see this famous staircase!

Karen MEG said...

That's great! I've had three blind dates with bloggy friends, and had a blast meeting them all!
Very cute story about trying to scare the cat!