Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Poo Post

I assume there comes a time in every mother's life when something happens that makes them physically sick.
I've been puked on, peed on, changed exploda-poo diapers. Yes they were gross, but I dealt with it.
But, now we have started that wonderful time in every toddler's life - TOILET TRAINING.
I have to admit, I'm not loving it. When our daycare administrator suggested that perhaps Matthew's fascination with the potty and his genitalia may be a sign that he is ready I told her that he may be ready, but I'm not.
And trust me. I'm not.
I watched my sister, queen of all moms, toilet train my niece. I saw the stress, the frustration and the grossness (and I got the phone calls - 'did you know that Kyla will only poop in the bath - is that weird?').
So, on the weekend we bought the pull ups, the underwear, everything, and we pulled out Matt's potty. Good times. He started peeing, and was pretty proud of himself. And every day I've been pulling the potty out, turning on treehouse and putting Matt on the potty as soon as he wakes up. This has gone quite well.
Till today - when he pooped!!!
Our potty (the Royal throne that plays music whenever the child pees/poos) started to sing, and Matt seemed done, so in I went to clean it up. But, Matt seemed over excited and was pointing. Perhaps it was a lot of pee.
Nope.
Our first ever poop in the potty!!!
I know this is a milestone. Fantastic. Way to go Matt.
But, it was unexpected, and quite honestly I gagged. I don't know why. I have no idea why this was so repulsive to me. But, it was gross.
Luckily Mike was home, and quickly disposed of it.
Oh the fun!

Our singing potty!

1 comment:

Amy said...

The little potty is too cute! The job you had to do, not so much.
Ah the joys of raising a toddler. But honest Laural, you and Mike are doing a fabulous job with him & I'm so proud of him for using it so quickly. Will keep my fingers crossed for you!!