Saturday, March 24, 2007

Six Degrees of Separation

It's no secret that I wasn't the biggest fan of my last hairstyle. Really, I didn't love my highlights. I liked the idea of being blonder. I just didn't like how they were done. They weren't even and I didn't totally like the colour. Or the experience.
So, since I'm going to see my beloved Bill in a couple of weeks, I decided that I would try to get these highlights fixed.
I was trying to think of a good place to go to.I finally picked one that I drove past all the time. It looked nice, it was an Aveda salon and most importantly they were able to put me in at the time that I wanted.
When I met the colourist I had a good feeling. She was friendly, cool (but not uber cool) and east going. And when I tried to explain what I didn't like about the highlights she knew exactly what I meant and said she could fix it up. Great!
I liked her immediately.
So, we got on to the topic of why I only wanted highlights not a cut. She was cool with just highlighting. And then she asked me who cuts my hair.
I told her.
She knew him. Seriously.
THEY WENT TO SCHOOL TOGETHER.
I almost fell off my chair. My colourist went to hairdressing school with my Bill. Wow! No wonder she was so good.
And, she idolizes him also. She watches him on Cityline. And, she said that he's always had that "thing" that I describe. Even in school people would watch him and want to see what he was doing. Apparently one time he told her that she looked good with bangs and she has always had some sort of fringe since. (He would have been about 25 when he made this comment).
She told me some funny stories about him. I told her some funny stories. It was a pretty cool conversation. And,I was totally relaxed. It was the type of hair experience you want. I trusted her completely.
The finished product is pretty cool. I have no more big gold streaks. Instead it looks like I've been in the sun. I'm thinking I should go get a spray tan just to complete the look. It's so springy.
I can't wait for Bill to see it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you going to show bill your ode to him?