Monday, March 19, 2007

Eye Spy

Lately my eyes have been bugging me.
Don't worry. It's not a big deal. It's just that I've owned glasses since I was 10 years old. I used to wear them infrequently. In fact, my 5th grade teacher accused me of wearing them for fashion purposes only. (Me? never)
But, as I've grown up, I've been using them more. I don't really think this is an aging thing, since I am not too terribly concerned about aging right now. But, lately it's been really bothering me. I can't drive without glasses. I can't go shopping without glasses. I can't go anywhere without putting my glasses on.
It's getting restrictive because sometimes I don't want to always make sure I have my sunglasses (the prescription ones) at all times. I'd really like to have a pair for my car and for my purse and for a million other places. But, when they are prescription this is not feasible.
So ...
I'm looking into contacts. I know lots of people have them. And I know I'm a bit of a wimp for holding out this long. But really. I'm not sure about touching my eyeballs and all of that.
I've been assured that it's not that bad. That you get used to it.
So, my fingers are crossed that at my appointment today I'll be ready to go. And, then I'm going sunglasses shopping. Yay!!!

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Maybe you could look into lasik eye surgery if you don't like contacts. It's getting very affordable (at least here where I live).