Friday, November 23, 2007

A Box of Pee

No, really. A box of pee.
Last night when Mike and I were making dinner (okay, scooping out my sister's fabulous crock pot dinner on to plates - have I mentioned I now live for Crock Pot Thursday?) Matthew came over to me with one of his little crates that opens and closes. It's plastic and it came with a little kid's airplane system.
Anyway, he says "I have a present for you, Mom."
I was about to open it and thought to ask him what was in it.
He told me pee.
What???
"I made you a box of pee."
He was very every excited about this new discovery - that he could aim so specifically into something, in this case a box. He was so excited that he gave it to me as a present.
I thought he was kidding.
Mike thought he was kidding.
So, we opened it very carefully. The little crate was yellow anyway, so there was no telling. We poured a little over the sink. Still couldn't tell.
So Mike smelled it.
Sure enough. It was a box of pee.
Thanks, Matt!
We didn't punish him. I mean, it's not like we ever told him not to pee into toys and then give them as gifts. He thought he was being loving. We did explain that it was gross and that he should never do that again.
He left the kitchen and we nearly died laughing.
Seriously. Pee in a box.
Merry Christmas.

--------

As for my cold and general yucky feeling ...
I had a doctor's appointment. The best I can do is tylenol. And sleep. And feel sorry for myself. But, I think part of it is the weather change and I know this will pass.
But, the good news is that I had a great ob appt. The baby is moving a LOT - it was hard to get the heartbeat because the baby kept kicking the doppler. It was funny. But, there's a strong heartbeat and I'm healthy.
I also mentioned that I'm still getting sick and it's from the pre-natal vitamins. Who knew there's a prescription vitamin that doesn't make you nauseous? My doctor gave me a sample, and sure enough I ate breakfast today and did not puke! Life is good. You take 2 per day - one in the morning and one at night. I have no idea how I'll remember, but I feel like I will actually get some nutrients. Yay!
And, apparently my weight gain is "perfect." Just enough that I'm healthy - but not too much. Mind you, now that I have vitamins that don't make me sick, we'll see what I weigh next month!

5 comments:

AndreAnna said...

Oh my gosh, THAT is the funniest thing I've heard in a while. I guess we don't think to tell our children "Pee is not a gift and we do not pee in boxes."

So funny.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! An early Christmas present for you I guess! Wonderful news about the heartbeat and the vitamins :-)

SciFi Dad said...

Too bad there isn't a video... I think Justin Timberlake's d*ck in a box would be rocked off YouTube by that one!

LoriD said...

My thoughts also turned to Justin Timberlake! So funny because it was so innocent.

Hope you can relax this weekend and feel better!

Bea said...

I'll be very happy the day that Bub perfects his technique enough to pee in a box. Right now he considers it a great accomplishment to pee anywhere. (The whole no-judgment approach in The Potty Song video seems to have backfired.)