There's so much I have to talk about. There's the beauty of the mountains, the fun I had with Matthew and my family, the things we did, the meltdowns that occurred, the yummy food we ate and how I cannot imagine being a single parent to a 3-year old.
But, I'm tired.
This week wore me out.
Specifically, travelling by rental car and via train from Vermont to Toronto (in 13 hours) with heavy baggage has kicked my butt and rendered me exhausted. And, of course I came back home and decided to reorganize the kitchen. (don't ask).
Maybe tomorrow I will download some pictures, and talk about my travels.
But for now I will leave you with some of the highlights:
- Our first night of swimming - the kids found those rings that you throw in the water and then dive for. In her excitement my sister threw it to me, missed completely and whacked my mom in the head. Once we knew my mom was okay, my mom, sister and I could not stop giggling over my dad's comment of "it's okay, dear. Becky didn't mean to hit you. We all know she has horrible aim."
- Matthew and Kyla discovered that I could burp words. We were all floating in the pool, right before bedtime and they would give me a word and I would burp it for them. Hot!
- We went on the Ben and Jerry's factory tour 2 times, and went to Ben and Jerry's 10 times. (Matt went 11 times). We didn't have ice cream every time.
- I now have an ice cream cone tattoo on my ankle (it's airbrushed - not permanent)
- Matt having a new found obsession with the word "butt". Really - where did that come from?
- Walking on the recreation path. Who knew my child loved nature so much?