Wednesday, August 22, 2007

3k ... woo hoo!

Last night Matthew and I decided to go on a bike ride. Well, he went for a bike ride and I walked/jogged and stopped a lot according to his pace.
It was fun.
My sister mentioned that my nieces wanted to see Matt, and I've been trying to get back to working out consistently. So, I figured that we may as well walk to their house. I learned from running that their house was exactly 3km away from us, so it was a really nice running distance for me. (I know, for some people that's a warm up).
I figured that now that Matthew really likes riding his trike, or as he calls it his motorcycle, it would be a fun adventure.
It really was.
We took about half an hour - which is pretty good considering that we walked through every.single.bus shelter, looked at several different cars, and sang about 20 rounds of B-I-N-G-O and Old Macdonald.
I have to admit, by the time I got to my sister's house I was feeling pretty good about things. We had a fun walk, we sang, we hung out - and I was getting coffee when I got there.
Little does my sister know that we will likely do this over and over and over again. Luckily she has a van with a car seat that fits Matt perfectly, so we were able to throw his trike in the trunk and she drove us home.
It was pretty nice.
And, I'm really impressed that Matt was able to go 3 k. In all honesty, I think he would have happily ridden all the way back. That child does not tire.

4 comments:

AndreAnna said...

Makes me very scare to ever have a boy - they seem to have this endless pit of energy. I fear I would never keep up.

Good work on your 3K!

Teena in Toronto said...

Good for you on the 3km. I have no problem walking it (I do it every day back and forth to work) but I would die running it.

Mandy said...

lol - I was wondering if you drank a whole bunch of coffee and then had to run home! Thank goodness for your sister's van!

Blog said...

That's awesome! All that fun activity is awesome for all of you -- and no cake involved! Very impressive.....