Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Who I Am

When I posted about my poor driving experience on the weekend my husband asked me why I would post such a thing. Why, he wanted to know, did I feel I should put something out there about myself that is insulting to me. Don't I care that I failed so many driving tests?

Truthfully, I really cared at the time, but once time passes the things that seem so huge don't matter all that much. I think that's kind of the point of blogging. You're putting yourself out there. And if someone reads it and says "hmmmm ..." (whether good or bad) then at the end of the day I think something has been accomplished.

I also hope that one day Matthew will read this (or some of it) and realize that sometimes we can't take life so seriously. So, I suck at Bellydancing. Laugh about it. So, I damaged the car wheel. Laugh about it. And, I also hope that when he reads about my choices when it comes to him, you know the parenting decisions, he'll understand my motivation behind them. Whether he agrees or not ... that's a whole other story.

But, at the end of the day, like it or not, I am who I am. And, you know, I'm kind of liking me a whole lot these days. I hope you do too.

Here's my favourite quote. It's from Dr. Seuss. It sums my feelings up nicely.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind." ~ Dr. Seuss

3 comments:

SciFi Dad said...

Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.

Keep it up.

Blog said...

I think you're awesome, LD!!! And, our flaws make us unique, give us character. Love the Seuss quote!!!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

Wow! I love that quote too, thanks for that, do you mind if I use it sometime?

You go girl! I agree with you! Blogging is about being as open (or as closed) as you feel comfortable and want. You share what you want to in order to vent, help others, ask for advice or just to journal. I must say that I am very impressed with your candor!

Just goes to show that you are happy with yourself and that, my dear friend, is very important in life! Confidence is important. Admitting fault is also important, none of us are perfect and it is great that you are teaching Matt that you admit you "f-up"--and can stand up tall to it too. There is certainly something to be said for that.