Sunday, January 14, 2007

Laural (another one) and Skating - oh the excitement!!!

I'm soooo excited.
Let me introduce you to Laural!!!
No, not me silly. Another Laural.
I was reading my comments this morning and I got this comment from another Laural. Another Laural whose name is spelled correctly.
And, I laughed because when I read her blog I noticed that she also had Random Friday. Just like me. Cool. I'm so keeping up with Random Friday just because of this.
If you don't understand my excitement about this, then you likely have a name that is common. A name that you could find on stickers or barrettes or mini licence plates. Don't get me wrong. I like my name. I have grown to embrace it. and I wouldn't change it if I had the choice. But hearing from someone with my name. It made my day.

----

So yesterday ... What a crazy day! After gymnastics we decided to take the kids skating. We being my sister and I and our husbands. I HATE skating. I love to watch it, but I hate doing it. I am not coordinated and I don't really enjoy the cold.
Kyla really wanted to skate though. And Matt was on the Kyla bandwagon. I admit, I tried to bribe Miss K with licks and chapters but she just kept saying "maybe AFTER skating" so we went. Matt and I did not last very long. (Mike just took pictures).
He can't skate at all, so it's up to me to keep him upright. I wasn't good at it. We tried just holding one hand, but he kept tripping. We finally discovered I had to hold him from behind and tell him to walk. Good thing I'm short. It wasn't too bad.
Three minutes in he lost his balance and I lost my balance and we both went flying. OUCH!! I had wisely ought him a nice helmet and he had snowpants on. He was fine. I, on the other hand, am still nursing a sore knee :(
The bruise is great. I must remember to wear pants and long skirts this week to cover the knee.

2 comments:

Deborah Fantasia said...

Ice skating or roller skating ?
I used to roller skate all the time when I was a kid.
I've only ice skated once in my life and that's enough for me !
I was actually able to stay up but it was so cold, it's just not my "cup of tea."
Deborah

scarbie doll said...

Hey -- nice to meet you!

I am totally uncoordinated and therefore highly accident prone on skates. So I feel your pain.