Friday, August 31, 2007

I'm Officially Old ...


I'm not even 30. I have only 1 child.
And today we picked up our new minivan!!!
I will spare you all of the details. But, the long and short of it is that our beloved Sunfire was not doing so well.
It was only 6 years old, but I bought that car almost immediately after getting my license. The poor car has been driven into parking garage poles, parking metres, garbage cans, drive thru signs, etc.
Oh, and my beloved husband (not me) has rear ended someone in it.
And, we kind of stopped doing regular oil changes. Routine maintenance kind of went by the wayside too. We wanted a newer car. A better car.
And then we test drove mini vans.
It was love at first test drive.
Matthew loves that there are 5 seats for him to choose from. And, if we ever decide to have quadruplets we're set!!!!
He also loves the roof racks. So does Mike. I don't quite get the roof rack appeal but who am I to argue?
I'm just a little scared about my driving ability. I had mastered the parallel park in the Sunfire thanks to using mirrors. In fact I can parallel park most cars. Vans ... we'll have to see. I was a little too worried to even go through the Starbucks drive-thru today. (despite the fact that I could show off my power windows. I know - I'm a dork!
And, as for Matt ... He's still quite content riding his "motorcycle" (usually he wears a helmet)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do remember a time when we both agreed we would never own a minivan... no matter how many children there were.. My how times change. At least I can say I'm over 30! :P

Anonymous said...

Oh LD. Nice van. I guess.

*ahem*

I'm happy for you! I really am! It's a great feeling getting a new vehicle.

Even if it's a mini van. I guess.

(Totally pickin on you girl! Congrats!)

LoriD said...

NOOOOOOOOOO! Macy (my third) was a surprise and for three weeks or so, we felt there was a strong possibility that I was pregnant with twins. My biggest fear was that I would have to go from car to mini-van. Congrats, though... good luck with the parking!

Anonymous said...

I used to have a Sunfire too! When I got married and we got a new car I was so afraid to drive it for weeks! Congratulations on the purchase!

Blog said...

Minivan!? Oh NO YOU DI-INT!!!??? Hee. kidding. It'll make your life easier. My car SUV is so crowded with car seats right now.....

AndreAnna said...

Oh, sweet jeebus - a minivan?!?! LOL. In theory, I love them. They are huge inside, drive great, have all sorts of bells and whistles, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I want to. Really, I do. I. Just. Can't. Do. It. I. Will. Not. Be. Sucked. In. Resist. Minivan. Must. Persevere.

I have a huge ass Explorer and Mike has a dodge Nitro, which as long as there's only one more kid in our future should do us just fine. I hope.

In any case, yay for the new car!!

Teena in Toronto said...

A minivan?! Say it ain't so!