Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Tag ... I'm it - AGAIN!!!

Yet again, Haley has tagged me. And, we all know I love a good tag. So, here are a few things you may not know about me. Or, for that matter, care to know about me.

1. Seriously, what the heck does "Misadventures of (Mommy) Laural" mean?
To be honest it wasn't that well thought out. Most of my life is a bit of a misadventure - you know, I always plan to have a straight forward kind of day, and that never ever happens. I added the mommy part in brackets because I love that part of me, but it's not all of me. However, so many of my misadventures happen when I am with my son, that I had to include it.

2. Dog person or cat person?
In the sense of ownership, I'm definitely a cat person. I have (had) a dog who now lives with my in-laws. I'm just a good cat owner because I like that if I want to play with my cat or dress her up I can (okay, I've only dressed her up once), but I can also just leave her to her own vices most of the time. Perhaps owning Jack, the worst behaved dog ever, kind of turned me against dogs. Because he peed on me, and everything in our house a lot. And he drove me crazy. I feel like if I owned a nice loving boxer, and had a dog walker then maybe I would be a dog person. Other people's dogs I love.

3. Brad Pitt or George Clooney?
Hello - I'm not even 30. I think they are both old enough to be my father! If I had to choose, I'd go with Brad Pitt (because I'm such good competition for Angelina).

4. What was your major in College, and what made you choose it?
I studied Journalism (print) at Ryerson. I chose it because I love to write and because I also debated PR which a lot of people go into from that program. As soon as I read the course description I knew it was the program for me. It helped that my big sister went to Ryerson (for Interior Design) so as much as I wouldn't have admitted it when I was younger, it was really cool to know I had someone around. For the two years she was there with me we would make sister dates and go for lattes every Tuesday. (I miss that tradition - though we do go to the gym on Tuesdays now!)
The program was amazing. I didn't end up becoming a writer but I loved a lot of the classes. I learned about a ton of things from diversity (Sabrina? Laural? Who are you?) to media law. I learned that I'm not nearly as good a writer as I thought I was, but I also learned that I enjoy editing, something that I would not have guessed.

5. What’s your biggest fear?
I am terrified of snakes. I HATE them!!! I don't know why, but I always have. I spent a summer in Africa, and did not realize until I read a guidebook on the plane that the particular region we were in was known as the snake region of Senegal. At first everyone thought it was hilarious, and someone had even brought a rubber snake to play jokes on people. But, people soon learned it was a definite phobia. I wore rubber boots everywhere I went for the longest time (which is how I got the nickname Rubber Boots). By the end of the summer I had sort of conquered the fear, had touched a snake, and didn't run away when I saw one. I also was taught (by a Senegalese man) how to kill a snake using a walking stick. I think in a pinch I could probably still do it. And, I can now go up to a glass case with a snake in it and NOT freak out. However ... snakes are still my biggest fear.
By the way, if I was a celebrity I would never admit this because then I would be afraid that people who hated me would send me snake postcards and stuff. So, if I ever become famous, please keep this fear to yourself. And, no, I have not seen the movie Snakes on a Plane. Duh. I'd have nightmares.

As for my tags ... I'm tagging one person because she said she has nothing to blog about lately. That is my adorable, Miss Lisa. Bonus points if you do this as poetry. Anyone else who feels like doing this tag, please go for it!

3 comments:

Blog said...

I KNEW you were a cat person! KNEW IT! :) But, I DO love snakes....

Blog said...

I was going to tag you again, but i didn't want to annoy your audience.... Hopefully, I'll get a bit of a break from the tagging! ;)

Ruthie said...

I'm taking media law right now.

How did you survive it?