One week from today we'll be in our new HOUSE!! I can't wait. I spoke to our lawyer today. Everything is in order (except our packing). And in all the excitement of what I'm looking forward to what we'll get there are some things I will miss.
1) My neighbours - no. Not the noisy guy next door. I'll miss Ginny and James and their kids. It will suck not bumping into them in the elevator or running over when Matt wants to see Mackie or going down to the reading room. We all know Ginny was my new mom sanity. That's changed and we don't see each other as much. But, I'll still miss them a lot.
2) The view - I like looking outside and seeing the lights and the cars and the firetrucks.
3) The Firetrucks - okay, so when we have multiple fire alarms it sucks (especially at 2am). But Matt like the excitement of the firemen coming to visit. And, I don't think that firetrucks arriving with sirens blaring at your home is a good thing. Really.
4) The walk to the daycare - I actually like the short walk from the daycare to the subway. I love the time Matty and I spend on our little walks. We chat about the day. We look at the trucks, we sometimes visit the stores. It's our special thing. That I'll miss. I know we'll have a new special thing
5) Rides on the McDonald's Bus - about once a week I announce that we are taking the McDonald's bus. Matthew gets so excited. I love that. I love how well he behaves on the McDonald's Bus and the smiles I get and how he announces to everyone that we're on the McDonald's bus.
6) The TTC - okay. Not on a regular basis. But sometimes. The good days when we have fun on the subway (i.e. when I leave work early and the bus is empty). Matt loves the subway, and I'm sort of sad he won't go on it so much. But, I'm not going to miss it on a regular basis.
7) Yonge Street - there's no street like Yonge Street in suburbia. I like walking down the street with Matt - and just looking. And then stopping at Starbucks where Matt knows exactly what to order. My kid is so city sometimes.
8) 24 hour everything (except the 'convenience' store in our building) - what will we do if we need milk at midnight? I don't know. Really. I don't know. We'll have to make do.
9)Saying I live in Toronto - I'm beginning to fear that "moving to the suburbs" means that I am old. Does it? Please say I haven't reached middle age. I'm not even 30.
10) Mongolian Grill - we have never actually eaten there. But we've always planned to. And I like to hear Matt attempt to say 'Mongolian Grill'. We hear it's very good. We have one week and limited funds in which to go there.
That's it. That's all I can think of. Mostly I'll just miss Ginny down the hall. But thinking about makes me cry, and that's silly.
Moving on. T-6 days. Stress. Anyone have extra boxes?