Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Let's Talk Meat

I've made no secret of my love of meat.
Afterall, I'm the crazy person who travelled 2 hours each way by bus to check out a butcher shop outside of NY. (fascinating, I tell you)
So, when I was invited to an event that combined my love of meat and the blogging world ... I was hooked.
Not too long ago I heard about an event with Maple Leaf foods where they are talking to bloggers about food safety. Remember the listeria outbreak of a couple years ago? Me too.
So, I will be attending a Round Table discussion with some executives where I will have the opportunity to ask questions about their food and how it's made.
I'm actually pretty excited about this because really, we live really close to one of their meat processing plants, and I've always wanted to learn a little more.
And, here's where you come in. Do you have any questions about Maple Leaf Foods? If you do ... leave them in the comments section. I'll be sure to ask.
As for me ... I have a bunch of questions. And perhaps for homework tonight I'll re-read Cleaving.
Check back and see what I have to say ... about MEAT!

4 comments:

1StepCloser said...

That's pretty cool! And I do have a question...of course.

Given the current questions about the safety of nitrates in processed meats, is Maple Leaf Foods looking at alternatives to remove these chemicals from their products?

lettuce said...

Mmmmm I also love meat. I crave it like some people crave chocolate or cigarettes!

I love great butcher shops. And the St. Lawrence market - I'm going there this Friday to stock my freezer.

I also live near a Maple Leaf plant - weird! I think my plant is the chicken department.

Unknown said...

It was so nice to see you again! What a small world!!

Stephanie said...

Hello again!
I love the way you write:)
I learned so much at the Maple Leafs roundtable and it was great to "meet" some beautiful bloggers. I'll be positng my thoughts on Friday.