Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Advice Needed!!!

Okay everyone out there.
I need your help.
Friday is a potluck at Matt's daycare. It's a Christmas party/potluck dinner/performance thing. And we have to bring something yummy. I need to sign up for something to bring.
HELP!
Does anyone have any ideas?
I need something that will make me seem cool. I have visions of being the cool mom who works full time, commutes, and still manages to whip up something nutricious and delicious. I want to be the person who returns home with an empty dish.
Last year we did mini cupcakes for the Christmas thing at the old daycare. These were a big hit. I will make these also (if my sister has a mini cupcake pan that I can borrow??? Beck??)
But I need to make something main coursey.
Something cool. That does not involve tofu. Something easy.
I live across the street from a grocery store. Groceries are not a concern.
HELP!!!
Oh and I will literally run in the house, pick it up, and leave again. So I need to make it Thursday.
And, for some fun a picture of Matty and Me.

8 comments:

Becky Hewis said...

what about for dessert mini rice crispy cupcakes with christmas sprinkles? Matty would love doing that! I think I have 2 mini cupcake tins. Or, do a blob of icing and then throw a candy on top - every kid will grab that.
Thats my idea - I don't do the cooking stuff - ask Natalie, she's good in that department

Anonymous said...

Oy. This is a toughy.
Especially as it involves children AND adults. What about turkey meatballs that you can simply reheat in the microwave - I have a superb recipe for that...and I can sell it to you for a price.
Or- Potato salad. Staple, nutritious, delicious.
I'm a dessert girl. Ask me for desserts next time.

Amy said...

What a fabulous pic of you and Matty!!!! Good lord he's growing fast and I only saw him on Halloween!

Main coursey? Hmmm. Meatballs in a slow cooker rock. M&M's, get the big bag, dump them in with a bottle M&M's or Diana Sauce and you're good to go!

I have a MINI muffin tin too if you need it. Let me know!

I made peppermint bark on the weekend, that's nice and easy and yummy!!!

I would seriously hit M&M's for food, they have so many ideas that you can dress up!

Oooh! Cous cous salad! That'd go over well, one of my faves!!!

Anonymous said...

We do a potluck at this time of year as well, and coming from a childcare facility owner...I've had my fair share of things I certainly love, but the kids won't touch. A big hit, young and old(er) alike, is Ritz cracker spiders. We do make these at Halloween, but I use them any time of year. The kids love them. They are good for kids 18m and up. If you want the recipe, please let Mike know and he'll get a hold of me. Or he can give you my addy!
Good pic of you and Matty. So cute! Take care.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I didn't read the main course part. The meatballs idea is fabulous......for the kids here, I dump two bags in the crockpot and put a jar of grape jelly and a jar of chili sauce. Voila! Sweet and tangy meatballs. We did them last year, and they were all gone (15 kids, 7 adults) in 15 min. They are a big hit.

Melissa

Unknown said...

Love the photo of you two! How sweet :)

I agree with the meatballs being a HUGE hit--they always are whenever I serve them (or rather, Jeff does)...

You can buy blue menu ones from PC, they are very yummy. Easy and delish!

Anonymous said...

I make two different types of "balls of cheese."
One is a bacon cheddar ball and the other is layered with spinach and then cream cheese (with spices and stuff to make it taste really good), there's about 4 layers and it's very pretty and "showy." Then just get some "fancy" crackers put them around it and your set to go.
They're better if you let them set overnight and all the flavors blend together.
Let me know if you want to use one of the recipies, I'll post it for you !
I do like the meatball idea also, very quick and easy.
Deborah

Anonymous said...

Well if you don't do meatballs, try anything with peanuts.